Plants have been used as medicines since the beginning of time, and plant based health care has become part of modern treatment regimes. Clinical data and research is being used by modern science to prove what has been obvious in the traditional medicine field for thousands of years. During times of medical emergencies, natural medicine has come in handy with the availability of first aid kits made from natural products.
There are plenty of natural products that you are better off having in your first kit but there are those that you can prioritize.
- You should have arnica-based products like “Make It Better” which is a brilliant first aid item for bruises, swellings, bumps and a variety of minor sports injuries. The list of applications for this item is long and can be given any time after the injury. Its anti-inflammatory properties work wonders for the skin. With such ingredients as lavender, cajeput and chamomile, it helps prevent infections and aids in healing.
- You also need a product with such ingredients as Aloe, patchouli oil and green tea to help with sunburn, soothe burns and heal skin rashes and other skin irritations.
- Calendula is a cream that is great when dealing with cuts and scrapes to the skin. It is a hyper healing herb with antiseptic properties that also helps prevents the skin from getting infected while sealing and closing up wounds fast.
- Your natural first aid kit should have tea tree oil that is ideal for the eyes. It is an antiviral, antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial all in one. All you need to do is add a few drops of the tea tree oil into a basin of warm water. This can wash scrapes or help deal with harsh cleansers for acne. When made into a spray, tea tree oil can easily prevent head lice.
- Natural first aid creams and sprays from Vi-Tae are good for moistening the skin. You need a remedy that will keep your skin nourished and hydrated. These products are loaded with nutrient rich components like Aloe powder and Sunflower oil. These ingredients are good at keeping the skin smooth while locking in moisture. If you want something that aids in fast healing of the skin and effective results with skin conditions, these creams and sprays are recommended.
- Aloe Vera or products that contain it are a must-have in your kit. It is a native of New Zealand and will work fantastically for you in many situations that require fast action. To get Aloe Vera, simply snap a leaf from the plant and slice it from the base to get a gel that you will apply to the affected area. Aloe Vera will work brilliantly for burns among other skin problems.