Blackheads are annoying, unsightly, and frequently can be difficult to get under control.
But whoever decided the best way to remove them was by forcefully ripping them out of your skin had to be related to the Marquis de Sade! Some people love to see what ends up on that strip, but there has to be other less damaging ways to handle the problem.
How to prevent blackheads isn’t that difficult, but first it’s important to learn what causes them. Blackheads are skin cells and excess oil trapped in a hair follicle. As the follicle continues to fill with oil, a blackhead begins to form.
It takes on the dark coloring by being exposed to oxygen. While many people have the misconception blackheads are caused by poor hygiene, in fact in many cases the opposite is true. When your skin becomes dry and flaky due to over-washing with harsh chemicals, your body often begins to produce additional oil which can become trapped due to all the dead skin cells.
Now that you know how blackheads are formed, let’s explore some natural methods of dealing with them:
- Don’t wash your face more than twice a day and use all-natural organic products whenever possible. Many facial cleansers on the market today contain harmful, chemically manufactured ingredients which can irritate the skin.
- Exfoliate, but not too often. It might take a couple of weeks to determine the maximum number of times you can exfoliate for best results. Explore all your options when it comes to selecting an exfoliating product. There are several all-natural alternatives available.
- Steam cleaning your face will soften the trapped oil, making removal easier.
- A clay mask will assist in drying up the excess oil.
- Pay attention to the type of foundation you are wearing. Heavy, chemical-laden makeup bases can clog pores, trapping all that extra oil and dried skin.
- Don’t hesitate to make an appointment with a licensed esthetician to discuss if microdermabrasion is right for you. You’ll also learn additional helpful tips on how to prevent blackheads.
Give this all-natural lemon honey recipe a try to easily get rid of those pesky blackheads. Or for best overall results, Vi-Tae is proud to offer “More Than Clean“, our natural blackhead remedy which both exfoliates and minimizes your pores.