Have you ever noticed fruits and veggies that are good for you often resemble the organ, tissue, or parts of the body they benefit? For example, carrots are loaded with Vitamin A (great for your eyes), and if you look at a circular slice of a carrot you’ll see it looks like an eye. Walnuts are healthy for brains, grapes are good for your lungs’ avioli, and so on. Well, we have another one for you – oranges are great for your skin!
Look for Orange Peel Extract in Your Skin Care Products’ Ingredients
The healthy, firm, and porous skin comprising the exterior layer of an orange benefits your skin in multiple ways. Eating oranges is a great way to take care of your skin since ingesting all that Vitamin C and other nutrients is great for your skin and immune system, among other things. However, we recommend looking for health and skincare products that contain orange peel extract.
It can also go by a host of other names too, so keep your eyes peeled for: Seville Orange, Extract of Bitter Orange, Bigarade Orange, Marmalade Orange, and Sour Orange. This super-concentrated extract of orange peel goodness is great for all kinds of skin-related issues:
- It increases your skin’s natural moisture balances without adding synthetic, pore-clogging oils.
- D-linonene, found in oranges and other citrus fruits, helps to fight cancer – including skin cancer.
- Anti-oxidants fight free radicals, which cause cancer and increase skin-related signs of aging.
- Citric acid is a natural anti-bacterial agent which can help to fight acne. Plus, citric acid also has a natural drying effect for your oily trouble spots.
- Calcium (yep – orange peels have calcium) is also a free-radical fighting agent
Interested in learning more about orange peel extract and how it can benefit your skin? Check out these two all-natural products from Vi-Tae.
Leave No Trace! This organic eye makeup remover is gentle, does the trick, and will help to nourish your tender eye tissues, which are often the first to show signs of aging.
Start trading out your synthetic skin care products and replace them with all-natural versions that use Mother Nature’s bounty to your body’s best advantage. Contact Vi-Tae to learn more.