There are times when injury and illness strike unexpectedly. In some cases, where trauma is involved, conventional medicine may be required. In other cases, all you need to do is relieve the discomfort and ensure you avert infection. This is where natural remedies come into play. The main advantage with natural remedies is that they do not interfere with the body’s immune system.
As long as your body’s immune system is not interfered with, then you are assured that the healing will be much faster and ease uncomfortable symptoms. Natural remedies can be used from the comfort of your home. By treating yourself or your child at home, you do not have to visit the hospital and risk exposing yourself or your child to further illness.
It is important to know what you need in your kit that contains natural remedies. In case you are not sure, it is always good to consult your naturopathic doctor who will help you have the best cures for minor ailments at home. You can also look for information on the internet from reliable sources. Ensure you read the reviews from the sites that you use to ensure your natural first aid kit has the required features. The following are some of the herbs you find in various natural remedies in your first aid kit from natural remedies you buy from our website:
List of Herbs Used In Your Natural Remedy Kit
- Activated charcoal: This is essential in curing food poisoning, diarrhea, vomiting, intestinal treatment, and ingestion of toxins. In case your child has swallowed something toxic, you can use this and then take the child to the hospital.
- Arnica: This topical crème is used to ease muscle pain, bruises, and injury treatment. It increases the healing time for bruises when use locally immediately after the injury. In case it is an open cut, do not use it.
- Cayenne Powder: It is used in cooking many foods, additionally, it is also essential in your natural kit for remedy. Cayenne powder helps stop bleeding quickly. It helps speed recovery by increasing blood flow in the body.
- Chamomile: This is essential to keep you and your children calm when they are ill or have sleeping problems. Additionally, it is a good natural treatment for teething gums. Use it in the bath as it is great for skin and helps you and your children stay relaxed.
- Comfrey: Helps heal broken bones and injuries. When the gauze around the wound is dipped in comfrey, it helps reduce the time to heal.
- Essential oils and eucalyptus herbs: These help with respiratory problems. You can steam your face to ease sinus and congestion. When diluted with olive oil or coconut oil, it can be placed on the chest to open up the nasal passage.
- Ginger capsules: These are great for reflux, nausea, morning sickness, and stomach trouble. In case you suffer from motion sickness, keep some of these with you. They help soothe the stomach after food poisoning or any other digestive illness.
- Echinacea: Keep this in case of prolonged severe illness.
- Peppermint herb: This herb is helpful to digestive illnesses and used with tea. You can use peppermint externally or internally for headaches as well.
- Plantain: this herb is a good remedy for cuts, scrapes, bites, bee sting, and poison ivy.
- Slippery elm: It is helpful for irritated or sore throat and can be used to clear a hoarse voice. They are normally lozenges and they taste great. Therefore, keep some in case your child gets a sore throat. The herb can be put into tea to relieve sore throats.
The above listed herbs are normally found in your natural remedy kit. However, there are a variety of other herbs that you need to know about in order to have your own perfect natural remedy kit. Browse through our website to get the best deals in natural remedies.