Sleeping with make up on is most definitely bad for you. When you wear makeup, free radicals which are present in the environment due to pollution, tend to cling to it. If you do not remove your make up before going to bed, your skin is exposed to them unnecessarily. This can lead to fine lines forming on your skin as well as an acne problem. Eye makeup will not give you lines or acne but it has its own specific issues.
Effects of Sleeping in Eye Makeup
When it comes to eye makeup there are several things that could go awry as follows:
- The eye makeup can get rubbed into your eyes and this could lead to eye irritation.
- If you continue to sleep in your eye makeup on a regular basis you will be at risk of clogging the oil glands and hair follicles found on your eyelids. This will result in the formation of hordeolums and styes which are small bumps. Some may go away by themselves but others may need a doctor’s attention.
Eye Makeup Remover
It is recommended that you use eye makeup remove to get the makeup off before bed. However, it is best to use natural makeup remover on your eyes to get rid of it. There are several benefits to going the natural ways. They include:
- No irritation - Since eyes are very sensitive it is in your best interest to use a product that will not irritate them. While others may cause irritation and redness, a natural eye makeup remover tends to be gentle, reduces puffiness and also comes with ingredients that are anti-inflammatory.
- Anti-Aging Properties – Since leaving make up on can lead to aging, using a natural remover will stop your skin from suffering from premature aging. Natural makeup remover leaves the skin around your eyes clean and refreshed reducing the chance of getting premature fine lines.
- Safe Ingredients – The ingredients used are all natural which makes them safe for use. You don’t have to worry about not knowing which chemicals are in the makeup remover you are using. Additionally, it is ideal for all skin types.
- Efficient – Natural makeup remover for the eyes is very efficient and takes off makeup easily. You don’t have to fear that you will be rubbing hard every night. The natural remover is basically water based and the makeup dissolves easily in it leaving you looking younger and fresher.